The 2018 Annual Heart-to-Heart Contest for Unpublished Authors
About the Contest
The San Francisco Area chapter of RWA is excited to announce the 2018 Heart To Heart Contest for unpublished writers. Entries will be accepted electronically only in six categories. The top three finalists in each category will have their entries read by industry professionals. We will announce the winners, and certificates will be awarded to the top winner in each category. Here’s how it will work!
- Send Us Your Pages – Send us your amazing first fifteen pages (limit: 4,000 words)! No need to set the stage or give us a synopsis–let your characters do the talking. We can’t wait to read your work!
- See Your Scores – Receive [three] detailed score sheets from experienced, trained PRO and PAN author/judges.
- Get Your Story in Front of Agents– Finalists will have their entries read by acquiring editors and agents.
Contest Rules At-a-Glance
For a full set of category descriptions and a complete list of eligibility rules, please go to the Contest Rules page prior to entering. Here are our rules, at-a-glance.
- Publication Status: Unpublished in novella- or novel-length work
- Word Count: First fifteen pages, with a limit of 4,000 words
- Categories: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Erotic Romance, Historical Romance, Speculative Romance, Young Adult
- Entry Fees: $25 for general entrants, $15 for SFA-RWA members; no RWA affiliation is required
- Submission Format: Electronic only
- June 1st 2018: Contest is open for entries
- September 3rd 2018: Deadline for submissions and payments
- October 1st 2018: First round winners announced
- November 5th, 2018: Final round winners announced
Interested? Please check out our full set of rules and entry guidelines, and preview the judge’s score sheet right here. Need help or have a question we didn’t answer? E-mail the contest coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org