If you’re a fiction writer, join us Thursday, January 31st to Sunday, February 3rd in the quaint gold rush town of Grass Valley, an easy one-hour drive northeast from Sacramento. It will be three nights and four days of writing bliss; you’ll be surrounded by the contagious word-mojo of other authors. And it will be magic!
The #WordsOnThePage Retreat is at the Courtyard Suites, a quiet place within easy walking distance of the historic downtown Grass Valley.
Reserve your space now! Attendee numbers are limited.
Only $50 to attend the retreat!
The cost of the retreat is an affordable $50 (cost of room is separate).
- Welcome packet with suggested places to visit and things to do (when not writing, of course!)
- Wine and cheese welcome reception Thursday night
- Writing spaces conducive to creativity
- A common writing area that has excellent wi-fi, and plenty of outlets. Open to us from 7 AM until 10 PM
- Coffee, tea, and snacks reserved throughout the day
There are two housing options:
STAY AT THE COURTYARD SUITES in one of the 20 reserved rooms for the retreat. Rooms include a desk, small fridge, and all beds have a Tempur-pedic mattress. The wi-fi service is excellent. Each room has its own outside entrance and gives a feeling of privacy – a perfect hidey-hole for writing in your room if you choose. The cost for rooms is $150/night for a room + tax with either one bed or two (double rooms are limited so if you’re planning on sharing, please make your reservations ASAP). If you can only come for one or two nights, the price is still $150/night for just the nights you’re there.
- Bring your pet for an extra fee (can’t attend the common writing sessions)
- Includes a continental breakfast every morning
- Private fitness center open to guests of the Courtyard Suites
- Jacuzzi and sauna
- Some rooms are handicapped accessible – register early for these rooms
After you register for the retreat, you’ll receive a code to register for the rooms online directly through the hotel’s website.
STAY AT ANOTHER HOTEL IN THE AREA as Grass Valley has many nice places to stay, some a bit cheaper and some more expensive than the Courtyard Suites. Registration for the #WordsOnThePage Retreat is open to all writers no matter where they stay.
SFA is not responsible for any cancellation fees charged by the Courtyard Suites or by any other rooming options. Check cancellation policies carefully before making room reservations.
Cancellations before December 31st: full refund of $50
Cancellations between January 1st and February 1st: partial refund of $25
No-shows forfeit full registration fee
This retreat is sponsored by the San Francisco Area of Romance Writers of America. However, registrants do not have to be RWA members. This retreat is open to all writers.
You may bring a significant other, but in order to attend the Thursday Welcome Reception and writing sessions, they must register for the retreat.
Please contact Karysa Faire at email@example.com.